COLLECTION OF DATA
• You are going to be asked to supply certain contact information that's necessary for the registering for a Platform account on behalf of a Buyer or Seller, including name, address, telephone number, email address.
• If you're a Seller we'll also ask you to supply details about the products and products that you simply shall sell via the Platform and details about your sales/transactions. You’ve got to supply certain identity information, tax registration and knowledge about your business, like your name, business type and industry, corporate registration details and your business license.
• If you're a Buyer we'll also ask you to supply details or preferences about the products and products that you simply could also be curious about buying via the Platform and any details or preferences relevant to your purchases.
• In reference to the facilitation of transactions, purchases and payments over the Platform, you'll be asked to supply certain payment information. This might include checking account numbers, billing and delivery information, credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and security code and tracking information from cheque or money orders to facilitate the sale and buy and for the settlement of price of the products or services transacted on or procured through the Platform.
• If you contact us (such as via our customer services department chat service, telephone or email), we may record a replica of your correspondence and should invite additional information to verify your identity.
• We will collect details of user activities, transactions and interactions on the Platform including information concerning the kinds and specifications of the products and services purchased, pricing and delivery information, dispute and complaint records, communications between users and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
• From time to time, we can also collect information about the prevailing and prospective users, during or in reference to trade shows, industry events and/or other functions. Including representative contact names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
• We will collect contact details and other information of users from publicly available sources for the needs of verifying the users and performing due diligence on the users.
• We may receive personal information about you from third parties that are engaged by us to help with providing verification services, and conducting suitable concealment and KYC (know-your-customer) checks on users, and to enhance our marketing efforts. This might include your name, your email address, your company details and your contact information.
• If you select to participate in reviewing or rating products and/or services on Alibaba.com, we may receive personal information about you from third parties that employment with us to conduct reviews into our services and/or rate us.
• We employ commercially reasonable security methods to stop unauthorized access to the Sites, to take care of data accuracy and to make sure the right use of the knowledge we hold.
• For registered users of the Sites, a number of your information are often viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you simply don't divulge your password to anyone. Our personnel will never invite your password through an unsolicited call or unsolicited email. If you share a computer with others, you ought to not save your log-in information like user ID and password thereon shared computer. Remember to sign out of your account and shut the browser window when your session has finished.
• No data transmission over the web or any wireless network is often bound to be perfectly secure. While we attempt to protect the knowledge we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the safety of any information you transmit to us and you are doing that on your own risk.
• We use first and third party cookies. Cookies are required for technical and security reason for our Platform to work. These Cookies are mentioned as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. First party cookies are mainly to enable basic functionality on our Platform, like web analytics. Cookies help us understand how users use our sites and also, how we will improve their use.
• In addition we also use social media cookies. You’ll "share" Platform content through social media like Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes we embed videos from websites like YouTube. These websites have their own privacy policies which handle their use of data, which you'll find on respective websites.
RIGHTS TO THE CUSTOMERS/SELLERS
• Right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
• Right to object to processing of your personal information when it's supported our legitimate interests, and separately the proper to object to marketing.
• Right to ask us, in some situations, to limit processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
• Right to opt-out of selling communications we send you at any time. You’ll exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link within the marketing e-mails we send you.
• Right to complain to a knowledge protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.